Thursday, December 29, 2011

Frost angel

Freezing temperatures around here really aren't that common, but my little one has been asking lots of questions about seasons, like why isn't it snowing if it's wintertime?  (Right now I'm asking myself when it's going to stop raining, and it's only just begun!)  As it turns out, we had almost two weeks of below-freezing temperatures at night, which meant beautiful frosty mornings.  It was difficult to explain to my child why frost wasn't actually just snow.  Duh, because you run out with great excitement to see the snow, and with the frost, you stay safely inside with coffee and baked goods.









3 comments:

whereshaldo said...

I took a bunch of frosty photos too but cannot seem to attach them here. There is something intriguing about frost, even more so freezing fog.
h

Lara said...

I thought that by frost angel you meant the boy, until I took a closer look at the last picture! Beautiful!

'cil said...

I love the frost- all the beauty with none of the work :)

If it's any comfort, we are wondering the same things here: if it's winter, where is the snow and when is it going to stop raining? I heard that the soft ground was why all those trees came down during the storm(s).