Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Taikatalvi


The pictures are of our Christmas curtains, which I found second hand for 4 euros last summer. I hope next year I'll be feeling energetic enough to iron them! Do I need to mention all of our kids love them? Even the littlest one points at the characters, and he especially likes Tuutikki, the one with the red-and-white striped shirt. The design of the fabric is based on Tove Jansson's wonderful novel Taikatalvi (Moominland Midwinter), in which Moomintroll, who usually sleeps through the winter with his family, suddenly wakes up and can't go back to sleep. He then gets acquainted with new friends, a strange season, and a phenomenon called Christmas. Everyone should read this book! By the way, speaking of Christmas trees, that sure is my kind of tree. Actually, my kind of Christmas!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Well, if I ever make it to Finland, I'm going through your closets till I find those curtains!!! The expressions on those faces are priceless!

Amy said...

Hmmm...$700 for 2 nights at Santa Claus Village. Dear Santa, I want $700.

Lara said...

I got so annoyed about those prices, which I didn't notice while I was posting, that I had to remove the whole Santa part! I hate feeling like a commercial (even for Santa).