Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tree time

Did I ever mention that I live right in the middle of Christmas tree country?  It's nice to have a really short drive to something, even if it's just once a year.  I guessed that Oregon must be one of the top producers of trees, but a little research reveals that 40% of Christmas trees in the U.S. are grown in Oregon, more than double the second place state!  (Any guesses on #2?)  We also seem to be the only state with more trees harvested per year than we have residents!  (Did I mention I love looking up statistics?)





2 comments:

'cil said...

I do miss the variety of trees. In Finland it is always spruce. Over here the tree is only put up just before Christmas at home. Since Epiphany is a public holiday, many people take down the tree and decorations then. Only lights are often left in place longer. We need lights at this time of year (!) and they are mostly the tiny white ones.

The Reisterstown Butler's said...

I love these. All of the posts, actually!
Happy holidays!
Monica