Sunday, December 18, 2011

Korkea katto

I spent Saturday afternoon shopping in town. Meanwhile my husband took the kids to his parents' house to pick out a Christmas tree. I received a message from him asking did I mind if it was tall. Later that evening, while I was in another room reading Amy's post from last week, my husband, who is generally the most sensible and reasonable person I know, brought this in.


Even if he had said "tall", somehow I didn't imagine 3,6 meters (almost 12 feet). I must say he decided to make the most of the high ceiling in our living room! His defense was that his family has always had a Christmas tree that reaches the ceiling... but in their home there weren't any rooms 3,6 meters high. He didn't consider it a big project at all! He said if he had spent half a day putting it up or had to attach it to the walls with string to make it stand up, that would have been a big project. He asked did I want him to saw it in half. I said no, because it's so ridiculous that it makes me laugh! After such an exhausting year we need laughter in this house! As hubby said, let it be the children's reward for putting up with tired parents all year.

Now that I'm used to it, I'm loving it. Especially that its fragrant presence can be felt in three rooms: kitchen (downstairs), living room (middle), and bedroom (upstairs). Welcome Christmas! Thank you, rakas, for thinking big!

No comments: