Friday, November 5, 2010

Tällä viikolla



Frustrating this week:

- There is so little sunlight that it's uninspiring to even think about a camera, not to speak of going outside.

- I was without a car almost all week, so my second-born daughter and I stayed home too much.

- I wake up almost every night due to lack of sleeping positions. I also stay up too late in order to get some time to myself and wake up early to get my first-born daughter off to school.

Happy this week:

- Two new everyday dresses arrived in the mail. So soft and comfortable that they may become favorites.

- My first-born daughter went to the library for the first time by herself.

- She also got into reading magazines at the kitchen table, which means that I sometimes have peace and quiet to read the newspaper even when eating in her company.

- While taking an ordinary walk on an ordinary day, I discovered that someone I used to work with lives in the neighborhood. She was having coffee at her kitchen window when she saw me walking by. We lived near each other for almost a year without knowing it!

- I signed up for a small Christmas market that's going to take place in the archipelago on the last weekend of November. It's good to have a deadline for some unfinished crafts!

- Tomorrow my husband will stay home and most likely begin his morning by getting breakfast for the little one and lighting that fireplace. (The picture is from last winter - see the white reflections on the glass?)

No comments: