Friday, November 12, 2010

Muuta tekemistä






I'm wondering how many Friday posts will happen between this one and The Big Day my family is expecting. Two, four, or maybe every single Friday until Christmas?

The house is such a chaos that I can only take pictures of ceilings. We are trying to finish last minute wall and floor remodeling projects (see wallpaper waiting to be attended to on top of living room book case). My husband starts working after children's bedtime at nine pm and then gets up at six for work. My hands are working on my own last minute crafts, but not very efficiently because I usually would need a nap too while the little one is sleeping.

One of the great things about living in Finland is the äitiyspakkaus, a phenomenon that can't be matched as such anywhere else in the world. Äitiyspakkaus is a "maternity package" filled with baby things, provided for free by the public welfare system to all expecting families, if the mother has seen a doctor during the first half of pregnancy. Well, this package arrived at our house weeks ago and we still haven't found the time to open it - the only thing that has happened is that my husband has scribbled wallpaper measurements on the cardboard box. There's just so much else to do before we can settle down to baby times! (Personal note: start getting ready pretty soon.)

No comments: