Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tuhat


We drove almost 1000 kilometers (621 miles), northeast to the heart of Finland and home again. In between, we rented a beautiful old house in the countryside for four nights. And on the way back, stopped for one night at a spa with children's pools and water slides, which was packed because a few other families had also decided to spend part of their winter vacation there. During this week, and especially while I sat in the back of the car entertaining a one-year-old and a three-year-old for 10 hours, I found myself wondering:

What were we thinking?
What was supposed to be the point of all this extra stress?
Are we crazy?

I haven't found any answers. But it was still an important time for all of us! The good moments are to be cherished and the difficult ones to be laughed at - later on.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ohhhh, what I wouldn't give for a road trip into the heart of Finland! I love the house! The trees! The snow!