Thursday, February 2, 2012

Swap

I had never been to a swap before moving to Portland, nor have I heard of these happening in other places.  It is a fun and brilliant excuse to get together and hang out with other women.  The host provides a house and a few snacks and wine, and the guests bring any clothes in good shape that are otherwise destined for donation.  Everything is laid out as guests arrive, shirts in one place, pants in another, etc., and after everyone has arrived and visited for a bit, the swapping is announced by the host!  The swap I went to on Sunday had about 20 people, so there were a LOT of clothes!




My greatest treasure of the afternoon:  A beautiful yellow spring jacket!

1 comment:

Lara said...

What a brilliant idea! I'm going to keep this one in mind. The yellow is so you!