Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tilaa


I'm the kind of person who needs a lot of peace and quiet to feel good. I get exhausted if I spend many days with people and no time to myself. Some personality types are more oriented towards people, others towards doing. I'm the latter - also known as a human doing. I need my inner space.

In a family of five, claiming your own space is not easily accomplished! To make it even more complicated, what I do in life at the moment is actually quite lonely. Parenting at home that is. It's easy to feel isolated from society, but at the same time I can't live without my space. So I find myself constantly searching a balance between negative loneliness and positive solitude.

I've been conscious about this personality trait since I was a teenager. I was very fortunate to have the greatest community of friends, many of whom I know to this day. But I've still always thrived on my solitary moments.

And this is the reason why, during my almost ten years of motherhood, I have still not learned to go to bed on time! Anyone out there who can relate?

These pictures are here because I also deeply enjoy physical space. Flying, of course. High ceilings. Wild nature. And if I visit a new town, I always like to find a tower or something to climb.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I want to live in a hobbit-house with 6-foot ceilings! Sounds like a trip to the Grand Canyon is in order for you!