Monday, October 3, 2011

Vaaleanpunainen

My younger daughter (two and a half) recently began to draw and paint figures. There's a certain spot on our living room wall that needs something framed on it, and I believe I've now found the right picture. The little girl's first family portrait!


Left to right: big sister, little brother, daddy, herself, and mommy. I love it how she payed attention to the proportions of baby brother (the dark green one) compared to the rest of us. And what I found especially interesting was that she painted all the females of the family pink! When her daddy asked her why she had painted him black, she replied: "No, täytyy tehdä sitten uusi!" (I'll just have to make a new one!) And in her next portrait a few days later... we were all pink.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Oops, look at all that dust!