Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Puiden keskellä











Last week the weatherman said we would have one perfectly sunny day in the middle of an otherwise rainy week. I decided in advance that we would go to the nearby woods on that day. It turned out that I only got a few hours sleep the night before, so I was feeling pretty desperate when the day came. But I decided to stick to the plan anyway, because I knew I would feel a little less tired in the crisp air. There's something very therapeutic and comforting about being surrounded by trees. It has such a lifting effect even on the little ones.

(I hope all you non-Finnish readers took note of the rye bread! It's an essential Finnish thing, something we miss when we are abroad. And the knitted mittens, waterproof outdoor wear, and rain boots are all must-have items for any Finnish kid.)

No comments: