Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rations






Lara, as I was sitting by this fire making s'mores, I was remembering being a kid and packing up a giant box filled with marshmallows, peanut butter, and other goodies (M&Ms?) to send to your family.  I couldn't imagine living without those essentials!  I'm sure there was something of importance that we were sending, and were only adding the treats as filler, but at the time I definitely thought of it as emergency rations!  I imagine you have all those things now, maybe even the same brands!

Nowadays, I wish I could share the impossible things - a cup of coffee, a beer, homemade jam (not reasonable, I looked into it!), and my backyard.  I suppose this blog will have to do for now!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Thank you thank you thank you! Nowadays this blog is one of my definite essentials!