Friday, June 18, 2010

Kesken

I'm the kind of person who is oriented towards doing rather than being, otherwise known as a human doing. The kind that gets deep gratification out of getting things done. The up side to it is the decisiveness that comes naturally, the down side is the utter frustration that goes hand in hand with family life, my endless race with the clock, the constant deficit of hours in the day.

Recently I met someone who had a business idea about offering services that aim at encouraging people to enjoy the process of knitting rather than the final outcome. I thought it was revolutionary!

I keep trying to remind myself that the process of just about anything counts every bit as much as the result, getting something done. After all, life is mostly process. Without being able to enjoy process one may miss out on most of her life!

So here are some of my important undone things:

Looking for a place for a small herb garden in the yard. And then making it before the summer ends.

Getting around to beginning wool socks for myself. Oh yes, and getting the rest of that clean white wallpaper up to cover the dirty white wallpaper (background).

Finishing this woolen bag and a few dozen more in different colors (big plans on this one).

Finishing the wedding albums and ordering about a million prints of other important pictures.

Making some more decisions about wallpaper. Or paint.

Having a little something in the process.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, teeny tiny pies and color samples! Pure joy!