Friday, May 21, 2010

Pizza night

A few years ago, my brother got me a whole pizza-making get-up for Christmas, including a pizza peel, 8 clay tiles, and most importantly, a two-day lesson on the process.  It's more than a recipe, there's a process.  The most important part is getting your oven as hot as it can go.  My oven technically goes to only 550 degrees, but I can recalibrate it to force it up to about 575 degrees.  The smoke alarms always go off when I make pizza, so nowadays we disconnect them before we even start.
Every bit of counter space gets used, and the whole kitchen becomes a huge mess.  You just have to let it happen!

The peel, which requires a magic touch.
Manly carnivore pizza....
ladylike vegetarian pizza....
and itty-bitty baby pizza.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Ok, I guess you have permission to use all that extra energy on a ridiculously hot oven... since you don't go and heat a whole room (your personal electric sauna) to 170 degrees F afterwards! And especially if your pizza looks like that! We are also coming!