Friday, May 7, 2010

art night!

Tonight I am heading off to art night at a friend's house, and I just can't wait!  I have started a little list of things that are going with me:

Some scrap wood from our remodel to be used for canvases (drying)....
my giant box of treasures for using in collages, which includes yarn scraps, every kind of paper, old books with crazy fonts or quotes, and a 1975 Better Homes and Gardens Handyman's Book, full of great old pictures of really handy men.....
 and homemade Meyer limoncello.
Some of my past art night adventures produced one collage I am not ashamed to say, I really love and am very proud of....
and another bizarre mixed-media post-apocalyptic post-global-warming interpretive map of the entire state of Illinois, which I am mostly sure I like, but I still hold my breath when people walk by and glance at it.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I smiled all the way through this one! Remember to show us the outcome of last Friday some day!

By the way, how long do you think it will take for a comment to appear from anyone else than us writers?

At least we have another reader! No one else will admit they follow, though the counter suggests otherwise!

Amy said...

Our new follower is the sister-in-law of my old friend Amy from Maryland, do you remember her? Hi Monica!
I think maybe people either 1) Don't even realize the comments are even there or 2) know us and just comment in person!
Maybe if I'm in a pinch this Friday I'll take pictures of what I made!

Lara said...

Yes, I remember your friend! And welcome Monica!