Friday, January 18, 2013

Cold and colder





I know I'm really not one to complain about the cold, but it's been creeping up on us, little by little.  Now this morning, I realize that I have done nothing to protect my cold-sensitive plants, like my hebes and star jasmine.  The pellet stove runs full blast all day, my skin is dry, and all I want to do is stay inside and eat and drink coffee.  This morning, I decided to finally embrace the cold and make some ice rings, but then I saw that today will get up to 50 degrees (10C), so I guess I will just dump them out as they will not fit in my freezer!

This holiday season was marred by food poisoning (Christmas Eve) and strep throat (New Year's Eve), so my apologies for not having any holiday pictures!  At least it kept off the extra holiday weight!

The picture of the boy eating was the first time we made the avocado pasta.  That one was really delicious!

3 comments:

Lara said...

This has to be one of my all-time favorites. You really managed to capture the spirit of cold! I'll pick up from here next week.

Amy said...

Thanks Lara! Sorry I took so long...this winter has been the pits, and now I'm sick again already! I give up!

'cil said...

Sorry to hear you're having a tough winter, Amy! Some years just seem to be like that.

Anyway, the pictures are beautiful and you've given me new inspiration for another ice lantern. Thanks! I often think of you all when the kids are making snow angels :)