Wednesday, April 4, 2012

En edes keksi otsikkoa

This is not a happy post. Monday night I heard the terrible news: a ten-year-old girl had been hit by a van while crossing the road at a crosswalk in the center of our little town. She died. Tuesday morning I had to send my own daughter to school not knowing if she had lost a classmate. Every picture and every word seems completely inappropriate right now, but it also feels impossible to post about anything ordinary. We later learned that we didn't know her, but many children that go to my daughter's school had seen it happen, and the whole town has been shaken by the tragedy. It's upsetting especially because it reminds us how vulnerable our little ones are, and that no matter what we do we can never protect them one-hundred percent. It's also upsetting to realize that this could happen to anyone of us grown ups, anyone who drives while stressed, tired, or in a hurry.

It's sad beyond any expression. I can't even think of a title. But life must go on. And that is does go on is at the same time heartbreaking, inevitable, and necessary.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Lara, I'm so sorry! What a terrible thing. There are no words.