Thursday, January 19, 2012

Still digesting, it's almost midnight...

Over the holidays, I decided to allow myself to have a cookbook revolution.  I purged three grocery bags worth of mediocre cookbooks and magazines that I have been hanging onto for way too long, and started researching which are the very best cookbooks in each of a few of my favorite categories.  I have three books so far, representing cakes, bread, and Italian cooking.  Ohhhhh boy!  Today I am reporting on my favorite, an Italian cookbook by Marcella Hazan.  We have been feasting on chicken, meatballs, minestrone, lentil soup, and the best pasta sauce ever.  But today...the recipe I have dared not make until I could resist no longer...focaccette.  Three cheeses, wrapped in dough, and deep fried.  I miss them already.







4 comments:

Lara said...

Parallel lives, Amy! Last week I ran into a cook book I've had my eye on for about five years, and it was 80 percent off! So now it's mine - and it's the most gorgeous cook book I've ever seen. Was planning a post...

And there's that beautiful kitchen counter again. We need to have a conversation about that, because... we need a new counter soon!

I'm trying to find the courage to deep fry, because my book also has deep-fried pastries with cheese! I just find the idea of a big amount of hot oil so scary.

Lara said...

My congratulations on the great pictures, too!

Anonymous said...

Amy, that food lucky yummy.

JH

Anonymous said...

looks