Friday, March 18, 2011

Kiitollinen








Last Saturday I baked a chocolate cake just because it was the weekend. Then I sat in my kitchen eating it with no threat of disaster, feeling guilty because thousands of people had just lost everything. (There must be a psychological term for that kind of guilt - what is that again?)

I've had it with this winter! I feel like grumbling about it every day. And every day I try not to, because really, everything is just perfect. A ten meter wave did not wash my home and family away.

So i pull on my Finnish grandfather's old winter overalls and put on my snow boots and spend many many minutes getting all those layers on my little ones. And we go out and I try to stand in a sunny spot if there is one and I wonder when on earth is all this snow going to melt. It's a little boring. But safe. You've got to be very thankful that you have a safe yard to be bored in.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Such true and profound words. We should all be thankful to have a yard to be bored in.

Lara said...

Thanks Steph! So true and so hard to remember...