Friday, October 15, 2010

Voikukkia, ilmapalloja vai tikkareita




There's a steady stream of birthdays in the family starting in September. Two down, two to go - one of the latter yet to be defined.

The number of last week was indeed eight. Eight years. Plenty of strong will, character, and voice... and if we can manage to equip her with a healthy self image to go with that, she should do just fine in life.

Do you still remember Juju? When I first got that book, my daughter placed an order for this shirt. Opinionated that she is, I had to make sure about the colors in advance, even if it was a birthday surprise. Happily she approved the final outcome!

But what we can't agree on is whether those are dandelions, balloons, or lollipops.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I want a shirt, too! I actually remembered the book as soon as I saw the picture. I think they are dandelions!

Lara said...

Yes, dandelions in their last stage! And did I mention it's all recycled fabric?

Unfortunately this is the biggest pattern size, but you can always just sew some dandelion-stitches on a white shirt!