Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Family of friends

Thank you, 'Cil, for that wonderful guest post...maybe I should hire myself a guest poster of my own!  But first I want to share some really special people in my life.  You may know that I play the ukulele, which was an accidental habit I picked up a few years ago after having given up music over 20 years ago.  I had picked up a cheap ukulele for my son, hoping that he would carry on the musical nature of my family and pick up an instrument.  I figured I might as well get it in tune, right?  Then I had to learn a couple chords to show him....and the next thing I knew I just couldn't put it down.  And now here I am, four years later, with a whole new family of people in my life that bring me the joy that only creating music can bring.  These pictures are from a wedding this past weekend that brought together so many of us in that circle.  Thank you, T!  You were one beautiful bride and you sure know how to throw a party!







2 comments:

'cil said...

Your pictures really left me wanting to be there, even if I didn't know anyone (but you). It's interesting how the photographer shines through their pictures of people. I guess it's true of all pictures, but I think the warmth and authenticity captured in your portraits is especially beautiful!

Lara said...

Well said. I can't believe I never commented on this post! It was really one of the best ever!