Friday, June 7, 2013

Tervetuliaisjuhla

Amy, I remember Seattle from 10+ years ago! I would have loved to be there, but as you know, meanwhile we had an adventure of our own. Exactly one month ago I woke up in the middle of the night, as usual. This time I recongized something was going on. We arrived at the hospital sometime between 5 and 6 am, and at 7.52 he was born! My memories from the morning include a festive symphony of birds as we were leaving home at dawn, driving into town with no traffic, and a bright sunny view over the rooftops from my ninth floor window. He arrived when the sinivuokko was in bloom. What a welcoming celebration spring had prepared for him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos, and what a beautiful story! That picture with the flower makes me want to sob! I think I will now!! ONNEA viela, CONGRATULATIONS once more! @-'-,--
Aino (Lara's cousin in Denmark)

Lara said...

Aino, :D :D :D! Thanks so much for the comment! This was actually the poetic version of the story! To be honest, I also remember significant doses of ilokaasu (how does that translate?) and the "9 cm despair", but let's not mention those here!

'cil said...

Ilokaasu=laughing gas, but I guess you weren't until later. "...joy comes in the morning".

Amy said...

Hey, I never got laughing gas! So excited for you, again Lara! How you find time to even think of the computer is beyond me. Such sweet pictures.

Lara said...

Is it really laughing gas? An online dictionary suggested Entonox. Yes, I can understand why it's (illegally?) used for entertainment here in Finland! It must work for that purpose, though I must say it's quite insufficient for the "9 cm despair"!