Friday, December 14, 2012

Dear Amy,

I would have loved to be there! You may remember that vast landscape with few people is one of my very favorite things. We have had the privilege of an unusually snowy beginning of winter, and the kids are out just now rolling enourmous snowballs too heavy to lift. I know you, your boy, and our cousin would all appreciate this truly Nordic weather!

I think it's fair to say that lately I've been managing three jobs with my part-time studies, part-time crafts workshop, and full-time parenting. Just trying to breathe deep day by day, go with the flow (and sleep a little in between) with intensifying Christmas preparations that are beginning to be last minute. I suspect this year the holidays may genuinely feel like a vacation even to a professional homemaker.

This week I'm sharing just a few images of an ordinary day with Her Pinkiness and The Boy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, those are just adorable!! And yes, in fact, just yesterday the boy told me, "Mommy, when it's Christmas, and when we make a snowman, can I put the carrot on?" He has also been telling me he doesn't need a coat because he likes to be cold. I guess you can't have it all!