Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Kaikki saimme jotain

This is in memory of my July flow experience. The cardigan has also appeared in earlier posts (here and here), but I haven't mentioned before that the pattern is from my favorite Finnish knitting site, Ulla. I made the red pants from some really nice linen, they are for a daughter who will never ever no matter what wear a dress to a party. The pink party outfit, from linen and vintage lace, is for another daughter who loves everything princessy and has an enviable wardrobe of dresses. I made the little boy's shorts, well, because he needed them, they were easy, I happened to have the fabric, and time and time again I find it so hard to find anything I like from boys' departments in stores. The last pants are for me, so there, everyone got something. For the smaller clothes I used patterns from my Juju book, and for the bigger pants a book called Joka tyypin kaavakirja. I warmly recommend both to anyone who speaks Finnish and wants to sew, also beginners! (Beginners in sewing that is. However, most of the patterns in the Juju book are so simple that possibly also beginners in Finnish would be able to get by, especially with some experience in sewing.)

And finally I must add that they are all being used, which is the cherry on top of my wonderful flow.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You made those??? Wow! So beautiful!