Friday, July 2, 2010

Cruisin'

Last Christmas, my brother rebuilt a bike for me that I had found snooping around in his basement.  We live in a cozy neighborhood along a forested one-lane dead-end road, and I am always borrowing from or loaning to my neighbors.  The street is short enough to walk from one house to the next, but often I am in a hurry and end up using the car.  A  simple used bike (with plenty of retro charm) was the perfect solution.
My Christmas present was a large box containing this beautiful seat.
This bumper sticker is the best!!!  It says '65, I hope that poor sticker can hang on a while.
This lightning bolt (or rocket?  Comet?) indicates just how fast this thing can go.
And the basket is from a Pennsylvania dairy that has a convenience store two blocks from the house I grew up in in Maryland.  My husband actually saw the crate sitting in a teacher's classroom at his school in Oregon. That teacher gladly gave it up, and we marveled at how it could have possibly made its way here, much less into my hands!  Lara, there is a good chance you have been to that Wawa!
And I'm hoping I can find some blue and silver tassels for the handles.  Or maybe orange?
Yesterday was the maiden voyage for the bike, and we delivered homemade jam and hot grilled hot dogs to a neighbor who is recovering from surgery.  Happy happy happy!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Just perfect! And if you ever need to transport the boy, just sit him in the crate!